lites.asia - Asian countries working together on lighting standards
What is lites.asia?
lites stands for Lighting Information and Technical Exchange for Standards. Between 2009 and June 2017, lites.asia sought to facilitate policymaker cooperation within the Asia region to:
- Improve knowledge of the standards in force and under development across the region.
- Increase participation of regional economies in the IEC standards development process to ensure resulting test methods and performance standards are appropriate to the region.
- Develop national and regional capacity for compliance in standards and labelling processes.
During that time, members of the lites.asia network received the following benefits:
- Regular updates regarding the latest developments in lighting efficiency projects and standards.
- Promotion of national standards and labelling activities to other lites.asia members.
- Opportunities to participate in actions to improve national and regional compliance systems.
Although the network is no longer active, the lites.asia website continues to provide a range of lighting efficiency related policy and technical documents, serving as a resource for policymakers and regulators in the Asia-Pacific region.
Please note that the content of the website is no longer being updated.